When we think of date night, we think of white tablecloths, a pool table at a dive bar, or a comfy seat inside a movie theater – but who says you have to leave your house to have a proper date night? If you’ve never had an all-star date from the comfort of your home, you’re not being creative enough. And before you think at-home date nights are constricted to sweatpants and Netflix binges, you’re wrong.
Here are some of our favorite low-cost, at-home date ideas to spice up your repertoire:
- Dine Al-Fresco: Grab a bottle of wine, some cheese, olives, a baguette, and some of your favorite sweets. It’s the best next thing to traveling to the French countryside. And the best part of it all? You can do it in your backyard!
- Sweat It Out: Did you know that 30 minutes of exercise can boost your mood and lower your stress levels? Crank up your favorite tunes and work out with your partner. You don’t need to run a marathon around the house, a simple dance-off in the kitchen will do.
- Spa Night: Warm up some oil, run a bath, make a DIY face mask, light some candles, and set the mood. You and your partner are in for a treat!
- Portrait Contest: Paint or draw portraits of each other. Not only will this boost your creativity, but it will also make you giggle like crazy.
- No Recipe Bake-Off: Compete with your partner to see who can make the best cookies from scratch. The twist? You aren’t allowed to use a recipe of any kind. Just remember to bake the eggs all the way through… the last thing you want is food poisoning!
- Fort It Up: Embrace your inner child and build a fort in the living room! The more blankets and pillows you add the better. Bonus points if you turn your fort-night into a movie-night.
- Would You Rather: This game can reveal A LOT about your partner, while also making you laugh uncontrollably. The questions can be silly or serious, your pick.
- Theme Night: Transport your at-home date-night into another culture or era. Don’t know where to start? Match your go-to movie with an appropriate dinner. You can even dress up as your favorite character! Hint: If you love Pulp Fiction, you can order in some cheeseburgers.
Leave a Reply