Articles He Wrote
Gif Me a Break
- It doesn't matter how smart you know, politics blinds your ability to make reasoned assessments
- The state of inequality and why it is cause for concern in six charts.
- Recently discovered skeletons show the Black Death was spread by coughs and sneezes, not rats.
- Why Shakespeare should be read with an accent closer to Scottish than British English.
- "But here’s the thing the anti-vaxxers need to know, for the one billionth time: You’re wrong. Really, it’s that simple."
- Catch up on the ongoing debate between Ta-Nehisi Coates of the Atlantic and Jonathan Chait of New Yorker over culture and race.
- The use of a private debt collector has brought back de facto debtor prisons.
- Remembering Kurt Cobain 20 years after his death.
- The abusive behavior of one of the most controversial pastors in America.
- The UN peacekeeper to saved hundreds of lives during the Rwandan genocide, 20 years ago.
- It's a lot easier being a white guy, on Twitter.
- Neil Young's new digital music player has raised more than $5 million on Kicksterter.
Song of the Day
The War on Drugs - Red Eyes
- A compelling read on
- The government of the can only account for $14.3 million in donations out of the $600 million pledged.
- Fast Company with its 10 most innovative companies in Africa.
- World Vision Fall Out: one of its board members has quit following the groups decision to continue not hiring gay married individuals.
- Humanosphere publishes an excerpt of the very funny new book, Expat Etiquette: How to Look Good in Bad Places.
Picture of the Week
See the rest of the 2014 National Geographic traveler contest photo winners here.