- Chris Blattman (@cblatts) asks if #ethiopia will be the next "African Lion" http://ow.ly/2djRA Growth? yes Still some concerns? yes
- @texasinafrica shows how a small tear in a#USD makes it invalid in #DRC but a taped up franc is perfectly fine http://ow.ly/2dkhn
- Ranil Dissanayake writes at Aidthoughts.org about ‘The disappearance of equity and redistribution from the vocabulary of development work’ http://ow.ly/2dkrP
- Important new report from HRW on fistulas in Kenya. Critical area of intervention, more has to be done: http://tinyurl.com/2u8jf5j (HT @KeshetBachan)
- Jason Stearns on Nick Kristof: "Imagine what a wonk like Paul Krugman would sound like writing on the Congo?" http://bit.ly/btJyuW HT @texasinafrica
- Burundi arrests journalist who wrote that country's security forces are incapable of responding to al Shabab attacks:http://bit.ly/dbZau8
- I cannot say I like the idea of re-colonization at all. http://ow.ly/2dlDr From Waylaid Dialectic blog.
- New from @ICT_works and @wayan_vota 6 Lessons ICT4D Practitioners Can Learn From PlayPumps Failure http://ow.ly/18c4kj
- Poaching at an all time high in South Africa http://adjix.com/zrf4 HT @alanna_shaikh
19 July 2010
Interesting Reads July 19
A View From The Cave by Tom Murphy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.